The numerous measures implemented by SPCM SA, the parent company to all SNF entities, over the last few years in the field of sustainable development, particularly regarding environmental, social, and economic issues (e.g. energy, carbon, sustainable development, and social reports) reflect who we are as a company and are evident in our activities.
Our policies on sustainable development and corporate social responsibility are in line with our commitments to:
- be recognized as a company that applies the most stringent safety standards
- comply with applicable environmental legislation and regulations, as well as other social and economic requirements
- minimize the environmental impact of our operations, particularly by optimizing energy consumption (gas and electricity)
- advocate measures to prevent environmental degradation, limit our carbon footprint, and minimize our dependence on and use of natural resources
- continue to monitor and evaluate performance, environmental, social, and economic indicators
- raise awareness and motivate employees and partners to work and operate responsibly
- eliminate corruption
- provide proper training in line with job requirements
- communicate (internally and externally) regarding the impact of our operations, particularly to customers regarding the proper handling, use, and disposal of our products
- leverage customer feedback and field experience for the benefit of all Group companies
- instill and encourage a safety mindset at all levels and locations in order to minimize risks and accidents, both on and off work
Putting these commitments into practice requires periodic evaluation of our performance, which we regularly communicate to all employees and partners. For the purposes of prevention and continuous improvement, objectives are periodically reviewed and updated, taking into account the evaluation of results obtained, new scientific knowledge, best available techniques and technology, and changes in the socio-economic environment.
SNF Group’s Chairman & CEO and the Executive Committee, including international leaders/executives, fully support a commitment to non-financial performance. This commitment ensures that staff, social and environmental considerations are understood and managed consistently. The resulting policies are endorsed by the members of the Executive Committee, which is also responsible for ensuring communication and monitoring compliance with these policies throughout our organization.
SNF’s Director of Sustainable Development presents an annual report detailing the purpose, objectives, and results of our non-financial data verification.