SNF is a privately held, specialty chemical company based in the Rhone-Alpes region of France, with a long-standing presence on every continent. With 21 production sites in Europe, Asia, Australia, and America, with a production capacity of 1,425,000 tonnes, SNF has the largest polyacrylamide production capacity in the world.
Our polymers are used in all markets where water is present: drinking water production, wastewater treatment, sludge dewatering, oil and gas extraction, mining, agriculture, and the manufacture of paper, textiles, and cosmetic formulations.
SNF products are sold in 140 countries, across every sector of the economy, with 51 subsidiaries located in more than 40 countries, in 3 major economic regions (The Americas, Europe, and Asia).
With a long-term strategy focused on innovation and investment, SNF maintains a high level of R&D expenditure along with continual investment in improving and expanding its production sites. As a result, SNF now accounts for almost half of all global polyacrylamide production, which underscores the effectiveness of this innovation and investment policy.
As a subsidiary of the SNF Group of companies, SNF Saudia Company was established in April 2017 in the Eastern province of KSA in the city of Dammam. The main objective of our business is to enhance the local presence of SNF in The Kingdom of Saudia Arabia and allow customers to get immediate access to technical support related to our products and application. The local office has a warehousing capability to cover the direct supply of products to end-users.
SNF is the only leading water-soluble polymer manufacturer with an extensive product line that includes:
- Cationic monomer
- Acrylamide monomer
- Solution, powder, emulsion, and mannich grade polymers
- Organic coagulants polyDADMAC and polyamine
Water-Soluble Polymers Specifically Designed to Improve the Quality and Conservation of Water
SNF’s Polyacrylamide-based polymers improve the use and reuse of water in many markets such as:
• Municipal and industrial water treatment (incoming raw water, drinking water, and wastewater)
• Oil and gas exploration and extraction
• Mining and mineral extraction
• Pulp and paper manufacturing
• Personal care and cosmetic formulations
• Home Care, Industrial & Institutional
• Textiles, Leather
• Construction, Civil Engineering
View the Full List of SNF Products / Applications:
The numerous measures implemented by SPCM SA, the parent company of all SNF subsidiaries, over the last few years in the field of sustainable development, particularly regarding environmental, social, and economic issues (e.g., energy, carbon, sustainable development, and social reports) reflect who we are as a company and are evident in our activities.
Products manufactured by SNF play a crucial role in protecting the environment, saving energy, and ensuring access to essential raw materials, and have gradually integrated the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact into its policies.
SNF is also aiming to achieve carbon neutrality (Scope 1 & 2) by 2050 and reduce carbon intensity by 30% and reduce water intensity by 20% by 2030.
Our policies on sustainable development and corporate social responsibility are in line with our commitments to:
• Be recognized as a company that applies the most stringent safety standards
• Comply with applicable environmental legislation and regulations, as well as other social and economic requirements
• Minimize the environmental impact of our operations, particularly by optimizing energy consumption (gas and electricity)
• Advocate measures to prevent environmental degradation, limit our carbon footprint and minimize our dependence on and use of natural resources
• Continue to monitor and evaluate performance, environmental, social, and economic indicators
• Raise awareness and motivate employees and partners to work and operate responsibly
• Eliminate corruption
• Provide proper training in line with job requirements
• Communicate (internally and externally) regarding the impact of our operations, particularly to customers regarding the proper handling, use, and disposal of our products
• Leverage customer feedback and field experience for the benefit of all SNF Group subsidiaries
• Instill and encourage a safety mindset at all levels and locations to minimize risks and accidents, both on and off work
Learn More about SNF’s Sustainability Efforts:
Economies of Scale
SNF is better able to control costs, maintain finished product inventory, and assure that our products are of the highest quality. We manufacture key raw materials at our ISO 9001:2015 certified facilities and have multiple vendors for some of our other key raw materials.
Leveraging these advantages enables SNF to offer the following benefits:
- Lowest market pricing
- Reliable product sourcing
- Extensive product range available from a single source
- Economic polymer equipment sourcing/support
- Targeted training and support services
- Experienced field support staff
Supply Chain Reliability
SNF strives to meet the growing demands of the markets we serve – keeping sight of the needs and supply requirements of our individual customers for cost-effective solutions. In support of our global mission to be the largest and lowest-cost producer of water-soluble polymers, SNF provides stability, global purchasing power, systems integration, production assets, inventory, and logistics to help keep our costs in check, and to offer reliable supply to our valued customers – even as market conditions and environmental factors outside our control occur in the market. It is SNF’s desire to minimize any potential business or production interruptions.
ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, is an independent, non-governmental organization, the members of which are the standards organizations of the 164 member countries. It is the world’s largest developer of voluntary international standards and facilitates world trade by providing common standards between nations. Nearly twenty thousand standards have been set covering everything from manufactured products and technology to food safety, agriculture, and healthcare.
Use of the standards aids in the creation of products and services that are safe, reliable, and of good quality. The standards help businesses increase productivity while minimizing errors and waste. By enabling products from different markets to be directly compared, they facilitate companies in entering new markets and assist in the development of global trade on a fair basis. The standards also serve to safeguard consumers and the end-users of products and services, ensuring that certified products conform to the minimum standards set internationally.