EL TRATAMIENTO DE AGUAS: LA ACTIVIDAD CENTRAL DE SNF
SNF has maintained a strong position in the water treatment sector for decades. To meet the needs of this ever-growing market, we have developed a product range of more than 1,100 organic coagulants and flocculants. SNF’s range of products cover all global market requirements and have been approved by numerous governmental authorities for use within the scope of established standards.
Desde sus más de 50 filiales regionales, los equipos técnicos de SNF ofrecen sus servicios a escala global. En colaboración con los distribuidores y minoristas regionales, SNF suministra polímeros que se adaptan óptimamente a las necesidades de los clientes, y aporta un seguimiento y asistencia local en los siguientes sectores:
- Industria automotriz
- Tratamiento de aguas (agua potable, calderas/refrigeración industrial)
- Depuración de aguas residuales (municipales, industriales)
- Minería y procesamiento de minerales
- Petróleo y gas
- CONTROL DE LA EROSIÓN
CATEGORÍAS DE PRODUCTOS
SNF ofrece floculantes aniónicos, no iónicos y catiónicos, en forma de polvo seco, emulsión líquida y solución líquida, resultantes de diferentes métodos de polimerización.
- Dry Powders: Monomers are polymerized in a gel form. The gel obtained is then ground and dried. The main advantage of these products is the 100% activity.
- Liquid Emulsions: Monomers are emulsified in a solvent and then polymerized. At the end of polymerization, a surfactant is added (also called invertor or breaker) that makes the emulsion polymer readily dilutable in water. The main advantages of these products are their liquid form (ease of use) and increased performance on certain substrates due to their possible variations in specific molecular structure.
- Liquid Solutions: Monomers are polymerized at low concentration in aqueous solution. The main advantage with these products is the simplicity of use.
SNF supplies cationic, organic coagulants. Organic coagulants are usually in liquid form. Concentrations in activity range between 8 and 70%, with the most common concentrations of activity between 40 and 50%.
SNF also offers a range of specialty polycarboxylates available as dispersants that reduce bulk viscosity of high-solid slurries and to maintain stability of finely-divided particle dispersion. This is done by enhancing charge repulsion. Some of the uses for SNF dispersants include:
- Tratamiento de residuos y efluentes líquidos.
- Suspensiones de pigmentos
- Drilling fluids (Oil & Gas production)
- Pulpas de mineral de hierro en agua (hierro, oro, etc.)
- Pinturas al agua
- Cerámicas de alto rendimiento
La formación de escamas inorgánicas (p. Ej., CaCO3, CaSO4, BaSO4, etc…), is a frequent problem with water used in a variety of applications such as oil and gas, boilers, cooling towers, mining, and mineral processing. SNF provides chemicals classified as antiscalants, which inhibit scale formation generally through three separate mechanisms:
- Threshold Inhibition – by interfering with the growth of scale crystals. In this case, the antiscalant dosage is far below the normal stoichiometric amount ( i.e., a few parts per million can stabilize hundreds or thousands of times as many scale-forming ions).
- Dispersion – by dispersing particles. It prevents scale-forming particle from agglomerating and forming larger adherent particles.
- Chelation —by complexing inorganic ions stoichiometrically.
CHELATANTES DE METALES PESADOS
SNF understands that reduction in heavy metals is an important part of wastewater treatment in many municipal and industrial processes. SNF has developed and produced a line of products which are chelating agents designed and formulated to enhance the removal of heavy metals from waste streams via precipitation.